Pukaar News – Leicester

Firefighters Called to Explosion at Electricity Substation in Leicester

A blaze at a Leicester electricity substation on Millstone Lane caused 260 homes to be left without power last night after an explosion due to an electrical fault.

Fire crews were called to the substation, located inside a disused office block on Millstone Lane, at about 22:00 BST on Thursday.

 

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was caused by a fault with the electrical switch gear in the electrical transformer.

 

Electricity has been restored to the homes. No-one was hurt.

Related Posts